Monday, March 8, 2010

BUS100 Class/Concentration Summary Paper

Now that class is wrapping up, I feel a little better about choosing a specific concentration. When I first came to this class, I had no idea what I wanted to do with business. Now I have a much better understanding on what is available and what I can do within these concentrations. I think if I stay with the school of business, I would major in Marketing. There is so much you can do with that and it seems really interesting. I did declare the CIS concentration but I think I will be dropping that. The presentation was very convincing and it does sound interesting but it is something I do not really want to do. I am not really computer savvy and of course I could learn and I will have to learn in anything I do but I do not want that to be the only thing I do. The one thing that would make me even more comfortable in choosing a major is a clear list of what jobs I could get. I could talk to my councilor and the career center about possible options so I can get an idea of where I can work and if it sounds fun. The presenters were very helpful in providing me with information about the different concentrations. It was nice to hear about their experiences from college to now. I am still unsure exactly what to concentrate in but I know that I feel a little bit more educated and comfortable with making that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment